SCN offers this Site subject to the following terms and conditions. These terms and conditions may change from time to time and it is your responsibility to check for such updates. BY USING THE SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY EACH OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS SITE.
1. Rules. (1.1) While visiting this Site, you may view, store, print, reproduce and distribute pages within this Site for personal non-commercial use or for legitimate business purposes, provided that: (a) no modifications are made to the Site and its contents; and (b) appropriate ownership notifications are included with the stored, reproduced or distributed pages.
(1.2) While visiting the Site, you may not: (a) post, transmit or otherwise distribute information constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise use the Site in a manner which is contrary to law or would serve to restrict or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying the Site or the Internet; (b) post or transmit any information or software which contains a virus or other harmful or disruptive component; and/or (c) violate the security of the Site . SCN does not routinely monitor your postings to the Site but reserves the right so to do.
2. Disclaimer. SCN cannot ensure or guarantee privacy for Site users. Communications sent on this Site or other linked sites are not secure. It is recommended that the Site not be used for the transmission of confidential information. Any use of the Site shall be at the sole risk of the user, and SCN and its affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors and employees shall be relieved of all liability in connection therewith. You agree only to submit accurate information. You agree that SCN may disclose, use, copy or transmit any information you have submitted to the Site. Please refer to our Privacy Statement below and direct any inquiries regarding privacy to email@example.com . If you are dissatisfied with the Site or with any terms, conditions, rules, policies, guidelines, or practices of SCN in operating the Site, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
3. Limitation of Liability. The materials provided on this Site are provided for informational purposes only. SCN takes no responsibility for the accuracy or validity of any claims or statements contained in the documents and related graphics on the Site. Further, SCN makes no representations about the suitability of any of the information contained in the documents and related graphics on the Site for any purpose. ALL DOCUMENTS, RELATED GRAPHICS AND MATERIALS PUBLISHED IN THIS SITE OR OTHER SCN-LINKED SITES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, SUITABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. In no event shall SCN, itsâ€™ affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, or employees be liable for any damages whatsoever, including special, incidental, indirect, punitive or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of information available on or through this Site.
4. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold SCN and its affiliate and related companies, shareholders, officers, directors, and employees from any and all liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, related to any violation of this Agreement by you or users of your account, or in connection with the use of the Site or the Internet or the placement or transmission of any message, information, software or other materials on the Site or on the Internet by you or users of your account.
5. Trademarks, Copyright. All names, logos and marks identifying SCN and its products and services referenced in this Site or other SCN-linked sites are trademarks or registered trademarks of SCN or are under license to SCN. All other product, brand or company names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners. SCN owns and retains the copyrights in the documents, related graphics and materials published on this Site and other SCN-linked sites. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license or right under any patent, trademark, tradename or copyright of SCN or any third party.
6. Links. If the Site provides links to other sites or resources on the Internet, these links are provided only as a courtesy to the user and SCN makes no representations as to the accuracy or any other aspect of information contained in other web sites. You access linked sites at your own risk.
7. On-line Orders, Passwords. SCN shall have the right to refuse or cancel any on-line orders placed for products listed at incorrect prices, unavailable quantities or credit reasons. Please refer to our Terms of Purchase below for information regarding your orders and accounts. SCN shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, SCN shall promptly issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge. Certain areas of the Site are password restricted to authorized users. If you are an authorized user of the restricted areas, you agree that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and agree to notify SCN if the password is lost, stolen, disclosed to an unauthorized third party, or may have been compromised. You are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to immediately notify Unisource of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security known to you in relation to the Site.
8. Jurisdiction. The Site originates in Ontario, Canada and is operated by SCN. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law. You agree to submit to the courts of this jurisdiction.
9. Miscellaneous. SCN reserves the right to revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating this posting. This Agreement, including any and all documents referenced herein, constitute the entire agreement between SCN and you pertaining to the subject matter hereof. SCN’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provisions or right. If any of the provisions contained in this Agreement are determined to be void, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such determination shall not affect the remaining provisions contained herein.
10. Language. Les parties ont demandÃ© que cette convention ainsi que tous les documents que s’y rattachent soient rÃ©digÃ©s en anglais. The parties have required that this Agreement and all documents relating thereto be drawn up in English.
Â© Copyright SCN Canada, Inc. 2007. All rights reserved.
SCN takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. This Privacy Statement describes the measures we take to help ensure the security of information collected through this Site. SCN may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time. Please check back for updates.
How Personal Information is Collected and Used
SCN only collects personal information that you voluntarily submit through this Site. This may include information such as your name, employer (where appropriate), street and e-mail addresses, telephone number and credit card of your choice. We do not automatically collect personal information without your knowledge.
Uses of Personal Information
When you submit personal information to SCN, you will be asked to decide how we may use your information. Unless we specifically tell you otherwise before you submit personal information, we will only use it to:
Respond to your questions or comments
Better understand your purchasing habits and needs
Fulfill your order made on-line through our Site
Help us understand how we can improve our products, services and Site
Inform you about special promotions
Ask for your opinion or willingness to participate in certain events
To improve your visit to our Site, we may use “cookies” to obtain non-personal information. Cookies are text information files that your browser places on your computer when you visit a Web site. We may aggregate this data to analyze the viewing habits of our site visitors, but it will not be associated with any personally identifiable data.
Sharing Your Personal Information With Others
SCN will not use or share your personal information in ways unrelated to the uses described above unless we provide you with prior notice and give you an opportunity to change your usage preferences. Unless you give us prior consent, SCN will not trade, sell or share your personal information with any person or entity other than SCNâ€™s affiliates, subsidiaries and representatives, except where required by law or as disclosed to you before the information is collected. For certain promotions or product requests, we may share your information with an outside company for the sole purpose of fulfilling your order. These companies are carefully selected by SCN and also take the protection of your personal information seriously.
Security of Your Information
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use appropriate technical and managerial procedures to protect your personal information and prevent its disclosure outside SCN. Only those authorized by SCN will be granted access to your personal information. In addition to careful consideration about what information you share and who you share it with, we recommend that everyone develop good security habits. These include protecting and regularly changing your password, using computer virus protection, logging off when you finish using your computer, and considering the use of file or email encryption programs.
Access to Your Information
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement or wish to modify or delete your personal information from our records, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will make every effort to respond to your requests in a timely manner..
Â© Copyright SCN 2007. All rights reserved.