Deloitte today announced it has purchased substantially all of the assets of Oco,Inc., a provider of enterprise-class software as a service (SaaS) business analytics solutions. This investment further demonstrates Deloitte’s commitment to the managed analytics marketplace. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
“More and more businesses are looking for both analysis and real insights gleaned from multiple sources without having to make significant investments in internal infrastructure and support,” said JaneGriffin,principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP and Deloitte Analyticsleader. “This acquisition enhances our ability to help further an organization’s existing business analytics and data management strategy. We can help businesses realize faster time-to-value through more immediate access to critical business data from disparate sources.”
Oco’s business analytics applications provide actionable insights that accelerate business transformation into revenue and profitability, customer behavior, supply chain performance and after-market servicesperformance.
The acquisition complements and extends Deloitte’smanaged analytics capabilities. Deloitte will now offer:
• An extendedsuite of hosted, rapidly deployed analytics applications designed to provide automated data updates, data integration, data warehouse, reporting, dashboards, data visualization, data discovery, and a user interface that can be configured to each client’s distinct needs;
• Expanded support and delivery models for the full life-cycle of business analytics solutions – from strategy through user adoption;
• Specialized solutions in the areas of mobile business analytics, benchmarking and industry-specific analytic applications;
• A deep portfolio of products, pre-configurations, and alliance relationships each designed to help clients take advantage of readily available solutions;
• Rapidly deployable solutions including dashboards, key performance indicators, reports and alerts.
“Delivering customer value is the foundation of what we have built at Oco,” says William Copacino, president and CEO, Oco, Inc. “As part of Deloitte, our practicewill offer enhanced business analyticsand rapid deployment capabilities that can empower our clients to gain new insights, change their business and help improve their bottom line.”
Following leading analyst Gartner’s recent placement of Deloitte as a leader in the January 2011 Magic Quadrant for Global Business Intelligence and Performance Management Service Providers, Oco’s capabilities and market position can extend Deloitte’s presence at the forefront of the high-growth area of business analytics.
For more information about Deloitte Analytics, please visit: http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_US/us/Insights/hot-topics/analytics/index.htm
For up-to-the-minute coverage of how organizations are using analytics to address their complex business questions, as well as practical guidance about analytics, please visit the Deloitte Analytics Institute website: http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_US/us/Services/consulting/feature-offerings/deloitteanalytics/analytics-institute/index.htm
Follow Deloitte Analytics on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/deloitteba
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
# # #