The Institute for Defense and Government Advancement (IDGA) announces its eighth annual Military Logistics Summit scheduled for September 13-16, 2010 in Vienna, VA.
IDGA’s Military Logistics Summit 2010 will present updated DoD mission priorities and cutting edge information to support major deployment, re-deployment, and distribution operations. The event will bring together thought-leaders and decision-makers in logistics, sustainment, and readiness operations to discuss the latest implementation strategies and program initiatives to ensure the flexibility and preparedness of our military’s future.
“Over the years, the Military Logistics Summit has become the leading event for senior-level defense logistics professionals,” said Thomas Engleman, the event’s producer. “This year, we’re introducing an ‘Ask the Expert’ feature, where a logistics expert will be on-hand specifically to answer questions. We try to do something new every year, while keeping the same quality and standards people have come to expect.”
Specific summit topics that will be covered include:
* Changing regional priorities affecting all aspects of the defense transportation network,
* Enhancing combat unit readiness through more effective supply chain management and optimization processes
* Executing performance-based lifestyle product support for more efficient and cost-effective sustainment.
The speaker roster includes:
* LTG Mitchell Stevenson, USA, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, G4, US Army
* LTG James Pillsbury, USA, Deputy Commanding General, US Army Materiel Command.
* VADM William Burke, USN, Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Fleet Readiness and Logistics, N4, US Navy
* MG Randolph Strong, USA, Commanding General, CECOM LCMC, US Army
* An entire speaker list can be found on the event’s website.
For more information on speaking, exhibiting or attending IDGA’s Military Logistics Summit, please visit http://www.MilitaryLogisticsSummit.com or contact Erin Gilbert at ErinGilbert@idga.org.
The Institute for Defense & Government Advancement (IDGA) is a non-partisan information-based organization dedicated to the promotion of innovative ideas in public service and defense. IDGA brings together communities comprised of military, government, vendors and academia for education, networking and advancing the communities in which it serves. For more information, please visit http://www.idga.org.